* Native plant; prefers shady moist well drained soils.
* Member of the parsley and carrot family.
* Stems, leaves, seeds, and roots are sweet with a taste of licorice or anise.
* Curiously, is found in Chile in similar habitats (referred to as “amphi-tropical distribution”).
* Notice that the leaf veins end in the tips of the serrations along the leaf edge.
* Do not eat any member of the carrot or parsley family unless identification is absolutely certain. Notice that there are three leaflets and the central leaflet is somewhat arrowhead-shaped.